Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Black Panther

I have read The Black Panther series since the first issue and I have an opinion on it. It's a good book with great characters and excellent art. I find myself looking forward to the next issue and the further adventures of T'challa, The Black Panther and Storm.

The first issue really didn't thrill me so much. Reginald Hudlin started with an abbreviated history of Wakanda and how the small African country was never colonized by Europeans. It was great to establish a history for the character, but the book went into a political commentary, which did not interest me. The Black Panther really took off with the addition of Luke Cage as a supporting character and T'Challas' search for a bride!

There's plenty of drama surrounding the courtship and the wedding! Now the book is about the two doing a good will tour around the world and getting into adventures. Instead of getting into Wakandan politics or fighting the KLAN as he had in earlier books, Hudlin focuses on a powerful monarch and his successful marriage.

No comments: