Sunday, November 09, 2008

Gone, Goodbye

I started collecting comics at 10 years old. I still have the first book I bought, in horrible shape of course, but I will never get rid of it. After 32 years of collecting, reading and enjoying comic books, I have sold my collection.I took my longboxes down to the local shop, seven at a time. a total of 32 boxes. I went through them to make sure I did not let go of the sentimental ones, but I had to let all the others go.
Today, the comic shop I sold my collection to is having a big parking lot sale and I am sure that they will find good homes.

3 comments:

Marie Javins said...

Congratulations. It's good to have less stuff.

Don Hudson said...

I agree. It was time to let go of them. (weep)

jose Marzan Jr. said...

How much did you get? Mostly modern stuff or older Silver age stuff? How to streamline my collection also.